Alternate Names: None
Established: Early 1800s
Current Status: Closed
Size: about 1/2 acre
Original Township: Copley
Directions: On the West side of Cleveland-Massillon Road, just South of Brookwall Drive and South of the intersection of Cleveland-Massillon Road and Route 18.
Contact: Copley Township Cemetery Office
1540 South Cleveland-Massillon Road
Copley, Ohio 44321
History: This cemetery was established on land owned by Gardiner Green of Boston, one of the principal investors in the Western Reserve Tract that became Copley Township in 1819. While a relatively small cemetery, it is estimated that at least twenty veterans of the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812 and the Civil War are buried here.
Chapter Publications: Gravestone inscriptions have been published in our 1978 book "Summit County Cemetery Inscriptions Vol 1" . The original volume is available in the Special Collections Dept. of the Akron-Summit County Public Library (Main Branch) as well as many other local libraries. This cemetery was also published in 2007 in the Summit County OGS publication: Lest We Forget.
This cemetery has now been updated and the inscription readings were released in 2015 in the "Copley Township Cemeteries" book, currently available for purchase.
The Summit County Chapter, OGS, is always looking for new information on our county's lost or forgotten cemeteries. If you have questions or information on this cemetery please contact the Cemetery Chairperson.