1255 N. Clevland Massillon Road
Alternate Names: None
Established: Earliest known burial dates from 1813
Current Status: Active
Size: 1.5 acres
Original Township: Bath
Directions: On the northwest corner of N. Cleveland-Massillon Road and Bath Road, entrance is off of West Bath Road.
This is the WPA Map
for the cemetery.
Contact: Bath Township Cemeteries Office
2864 W. Bath Road
Bath, Ohio 44210
History: A deed recorded on 7 October 1817 in the Medina County Recorder's Vol. F, p. 30 states that Ezekiel Williams and his wife Abby provided a piece of land to the Township of Bath for the purpose of building a meeting house and establishing a burial ground. In return, Williams received the sum of $1.00 from the committee appointed by the township to obtain land for these purposes. The committee members were Jason Hammond, John Holmes, and Moses Latta.
Families buried here: ALEXANDER, COLLINS, DAVIS, GANYARD, KING, LINDER, McKISSON, MARTIN, MILLER, NASH, OLDS, PLANK, ROOY, SHADE, SHAW, STEINER, STORY, YOUELLS
Chapter Publications: Gravestone inscriptions have been published in our 1978 book "Summit County Cemetery Inscriptions Vol 1" [pages 3-21]. The original volume is available in the Special Collections Dept. of the Akron-Summit County Public Library (Main Branch) as well as many other local libraries.
This cemetery has now been updated and the inscription readings were released in 2009 in the "Bath Township Cemeteries" book, currently available for purchase.
The Summit County Chapter, OGS, is always looking for new information on our county's lost or forgotten cemeteries. If you have questions or information on this cemetery please contact the Cemetery Chairperson.