Established: After 1926
Alternate Names: Hungarian Jewish Cemetery, Sand/Sandy Hill Cemetery
Location:On south side of Swartz Road, east of junction with Glenmount Ave. (3rd cemetery in a row when heading east on Swartz Rd)
Jewish Community Board of Akron, 750 White Pond Dr, Akron OH 44320
History:This cemetery was established by Ahavas Zedek Congregation which met at 223 W Buchtel Ave in Akron. The congregation was formed in 1926 and built its synagogue in 1929. When this congregation dissolved in 1969, the Jewish Community Board assumed responsibility for the cemetery’s care.
Readings: Published in Summit County cemeteries, Vol. 3, ca 1982 (Out of print)